Crystal ball reading.
You may want to ask a question. For example:
- Am I going to find true love these days ?
- Will it rain tomorrow ?
- Am I wrong when I'm trying to reach the top ?
- Is the magic ball really reliable ?
- Do I need to change my job again ?
- Will I travel this year ?
- Will I win a free coffee this morning ?
The crystal ball fortune teller is here to give you an answer. The only rule is that your question can be replied by Yes or No.
It's coming from the past and it's the future. Ask the chance: You need to concentrate. Your query need to be the only thing you are thinking about. Then you will be ready.
We are in 1977, a man called Richard C. has a problem. He has been living in a small village in England (2421 residents) for all his life (he is 34 years old now). He has never traveled and he is a bit bored. He doesn't know what to do and the idea of living elsewhere keeps going round in his head. But he is afraid. How will he manage it ? He doesn't have money, he is a farmer (A difficult job to find if he lives in a big city), he doesn't know nothing about the world and he doesn't have any friend living elsewhere than in his village.
Richard would like to have an advice, somebody helping him to choose, to help him to think and decide. But all his friends and family are living in the small village and don't have no idea about how to resolve this kind of problem.
One day he's speaking about this with his brother, and this one have an idea. In the forest lives an old woman who own a crystal ball. The legend says that this object can reply to all the answers. What a wonderful idea! The two guys schedule a visit for the next week-end.
Going to the forest
Time is passing and here comes saturday. The two brothers go by car to the beginning of the forest and continue walking. They arrive to an old house build in wood. They knock at the door and appear the witch. Richard explain his problem and the old lady seems to agree that the crystal ball may be a possible solution.
They enter the house. It is really messy. There's some bats flying under the roof, a snake crawling on the floor, and a black cat looking at them with a strange expression. The sorceress opens a cupboard and comes back with the crystal ball. She puts it down on the central table and makes a sign as to tell the two men to approach. Then she says:
- If you want to ask a question, you have to pay me. I don't need no money now, what I want is just 10 centiliters of your blood.
The request is a bit weird but Richard agrees. So the witch continues:
- Think about your question as it's very clear for you, then make your request.
The man tries to concentrate and after one minute says:
- Do you think that it's in my interest to move from my small village ?
Suddenly appears a word in the ball: Maybe. It's a bit disappointing, but the old lady says:
- Think your question in another way and try again. This time is free for you.
The middle age man takes two minutes and try again:
- Do you think that it's going to be fun to travel abroad ?
The reply is this time unambiguous: Yes.
The witch says:
- I think that you had the answer you was looking for, now please give me your arm, I will take a bit of blood from you.
Richard can't sleep this night, he's thinking about what to do. Suddenly it is like if he is in front of the true. He was too extreme thinking to go living in another part of the world. It is more intelligent to first travel and then if he likes he will come back to look for an apartment and a job.
His mother was always saying to him 'My son, don't complicate your life', and she was true. Next week he will take an entire week of holidays and he will travel to Amsterdam.